Hello fellow bookworms 🍂 Halloween is over, fall is not gone but flowing away, which means two things: IT’S WINTER NEXT and NaNoWriMo is starting again, as we enter November! I’m sad because I love fall but also happy, because I love winter more. When it comes to NaNo I’m of course very excited to finally be writing again, after I took a longer break since May (?). It’s also worrying that there are only two months left until we enter 2018 which is freaking TERRIFYING omg we’re all getting old *panic*
- The Ship of the Dead (Rick Riordan) 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 📖 Review
- One Dark Throne (Kendare Blake) 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 📖 Review
- Silber [Dream a little Dream] (Kerstin Gier) 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟
- The Young Elites (Marie Lu) 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 📖 Review
- The Rose Society (Marie Lu) 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 📖 Review
- Like Water (Rebecca Podos) 🌟 🌟 🌟
- A Monster Calls (Patrick Ness) 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 📖 Review
- Anna Dressed in Blood (Kendare Blake) 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 📖 Review
- Unwind (Neal Shusterman) 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 📖 Review
- The Afterlife of Holly Chase (Cynthia Hand) 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 (4.5) 📖 Review
It might not look like it based on the amount of books I read, but this month was the worst reading month I had since I started blogging/reading again last year. Why’s that? It’s not like I didn’t read as many books as I wanted it’s rather that I was super stressed and struggling to conquer my TBR on time. I have no idea exactly what it was, but I was on edge this October, feeling rather unhappy at the prospect of returning to university. I was right, because this semester turned out to be the most stressful that I ever had. In general, I feel like I was almost in a reading slump, because I felt so anxious/stressed all the time. It didn’t help that one of my most anticipated releases (One Dark Throne) stressed me out with its tropes and took me almost a week to read, which put me behind track. I don’t know what was happening this month but I wasn’t feeling like reading, because I was too stressed, which is the most likely reason to get me in a reading slumps. Fingers crossed that next month will be better to me.
- Books That I enjoyed more than their Goodreads Rating (Larkin @ wonderfilledreads)
- 7 Unread Books I Think Might Become Future Favorites | 8 Struggles International Bloggers Face | 8 Tips To Keep In Mind During NaNoWriMo | Pristine vs. Damaged Books (Swetlana @ The Caffeinated Bookworm Life)
- My love/hate relationship with ebooks (Amber @ amberrybooks)
- Requesting e-ARCS: tips and tricks (Chelsea @romweasley)
- 10 Types of Book Titles (Cait @paperfury)
- Asexual Characters in Books (Camilla @readerintheattic)
- Do I need to review books I don’t enjoy? (Cam @camilleareads)
- How to make anyone a reader (polandbananasBOOKS)
- (yet) another BOOK HAUL (Katytastic)
- Spooky Books To Read (A Clockwork Reader)
- October brought two special events! The first was Sbooktober my favorite month-long celebration of Halloween with spooky books, challenges, movie watchalongs and of course a READATHON. The next event naturally was Preptober because NaNoWriMo is near so we were all scrambling to prepare our projects and finish that damn outline before the month was done!
- University Life returned and … sucked. I dug deep into why I my Sunday Post update but basically this semester is my most stressful so far, because all my careful plans were ripped apart which put me (100% a planner) into a huge panic. It took me a while to recover, but I’m still anxious at the idea of so much work to be done. It doesn’t help that I’m quite a perfectionist and tend to overwork.
- Shadowhunters Season 3 was announced to premiere on April 3rd 2018 which is still so long away 😭 Last year it came back in January, so now that’s an additional three months that I have to wait!
- The ReadRiordan Site went online which is a fun website to quizzes, information and lots more! I of course took the “Who would be your godly parent quiz” (it’s Athena) and checked the upcoming books section, which told me that there’s going to be a Magnus Chase Coloring book 😱 My dreams have come true!
- The cover for These Rebel Waves was revealed! I kind of like it, even though I totally expected it to look very different based on the teasers. Therefore, I felt a bit let down, but I’m growing to like the cover more.
- Fangirl (Rainbow Rowell) ♻️ Reread
- Queens of Geek (Jen Wilde)
- It Only Happens in the Movies (Holly Bourne)
- Dream On [Silber 02] (Kerstin Gier)
- Juliet Takes a Breath (Gabby Rivera) 📅 Digital Arc
- The Book Thief (Markus Zusak) 📚 Tome Topple
- Undecided Library Book 📚 Tome Topple
Possible Choices for Book 7 📚 Uprooted, The Girl of Fire & Thorns, The Reader
Like I mentioned before: I hope for November to be a less stressful reading month than October. To fit the mood I have mostly chosen contemporary books as I want to read something light this month after all the spooky, scary books of the Halloween season. Howver, my plans were a bit altered when Sam @ thoughtsontomes announced the new Tome Topple Readathon Round … so now I’ve added two tomes to my November TBR. *glances at The Book Thief* well fluffy didn’t quite work out … oops. November is such a transitional month so it’s the perfect time to read something more fluffy plus it’s NaNoWriMo which means lots of writing. Therefore, I have only chosen 6 books to go on my TBR as I was struggling to get everything read last month. Especially with all the writing I don’t want to put too much pressure on me. Let’s hope that both reading and writing will go very well in November!
What’s your favorite book that you read in October? Are you participating in NaNoWriMo as well? If yes, tell me about it! If no what books are you planning to read?🍂