Hello fellow bookworms 📖 Thank you so much Danielle @ lifeofaliterarynerd for nominating me for the Awesome Blogger Award, it really means so much to me! 💕💕
The Awesome Blogger Award was created by Maggie @ Dreaming of Guatemala to honor bloggers who “have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers.”
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Include the reason behind the award
- Answer the questions your nominator gave you
- Nominate some awesome bloggers
- Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer.
The latest book I added to my Goodreads TBR is The Exact Opposite of Okay by Laura Steven, because Lia from lostinastory has been talking so highly about it in her last blog post! It’s a feminist book that deals with slut shaming. The main character becomes the centre of a national scandal, prompting everyone to make assumptions about her and her sex life. I’m sure that I’ll like this book when I pick it up, because I’m always in search of books that deal with feminism and centre serious topics!
2. If you could get an ARC of any book that comes out later this year what would it be? 📖
I want all of these because I have been anticipating them so much
3. What is your favorite place to read? 📖 I like to read in my armchair, especially the one in my flat at university, but I find that lately I haven’t been reading much in it, instead watching TV Shows and generally browsing the web. Nowadays, I tend to do most of my reading in my bed, because it’s cozy and I’m usually an evening reader, so the bed seems to be the most logical place to do my reading. Mostly I just snuggle up with a blanket, pillows and a mug of some delicious hot tea!
4. What author do you want to read more of? 📖 I feel like I still haven’t read enough by Jennifer L. Armentrout, because she has so many Series out there. I have read the Dark Elements Trilogy, The Problem with Forever and Obsidian, but that’s not much compared to all her books that I still have to get to. I want to finish the Lux Series, read the Half-Blood Series and her NA Series, plus the Lux Series now gets 2? spinoffs. Well it looks like I have a lot to read and she keeps putting out more books each year – how will I ever catch up? 😅
5. What author can you not get into? 📖 I know many readers love his books, but I cannot get into anything by Adam Silvera. I have read History is all you left me, because I got an Arc and I really didn’t like it. I feel like I cannot connect to the characters he creates (I hated the main character in the book I read) and don’t really get emotionally attached to the relationships and stories like other readers do. This is a case where it’s not necessarily the book, but rather the fact that this author isn’t for me.
6. What book do you think everyone needs to read? 📖
Read all of them, they are so good!!
7. If you could turn any book into a movie/tv show what would it be? 📖 The Witchlands Series would be perfect as a TV Show, because that’s the best way to explore the world of magic and intrigue. The worldbuilding is so rich and the characters are my precious, so I would love to see this transferred into a show, it would make me really happy. Furthermore, I would love to see a Queens of Geek movie in the cinemas, because the book touched me in so many ways and means so much to me – seeing the fandom culture and characters on-screen would be perfect!
8. What is your book dream vacation spot? 📖 I don’t know if this is about a real place that books made you want to visit or a fictional world you want to visit, but I’m going with the latter. I would love to live in the Witchlands Series and have magical powers aaaah yes – I’d really love to live in the Dalmotti Empire, because it sounds really chill and it’s inspired by Italy 💕
9. What is your favorite genre to read? 📖 Obviously Fantasy is my greatest love 💕 It has always been the top genre that I reach for the most and hasn’t been beaten by any other genre. When it comes to Dystopian or especially Contemporary I’m a bit more picky. The age range that I read in is primarily YA, I haven’t read that many Adult Fantasy books so far.
10. What is the last song you listened to? (Bonus if you can relate it to a book) 📖 I love this song so much and have been listening to it on repeat lately 💕 Obviously this would perfectly fit any of the Mortal Instruments books, because of Malec – the song is actually used in the Shadowhunters TV Show for their first kiss, so it’s perfect!
11. Who are your top 5 characters (books, TV, movies, anything)? 📖
Male Characters 💕
- Crowley (Supernatural) – the ultimate favorite
- Magnus Bane (Shadowhunters)
- Aeduan (Truthwitch)
- Newt Scamander (Fantastic Beasts)
- Rhysand (ACOTAR)
Female Characters 💕
- Yelena Zaltana (Poison Study)
- Ismae, Sybella & Annith (His Fair Assassin)
- Maya (The Star-Touched Queen) | Ruby (Frostblood)
- Juliette Ferraras (Shatter Me)
- “Verity”/Julie (Code Name Verity)
- Which TV Show would you recommend to fans of your favorite book?
- What was your latest 5 Star Read?
- Which book Series do you definitely want to get to this year?
- What’s your stance on DNF’ing books?
- Have you ever buddy read a book? If not, would you like to?
- How many days does it typically take you to finish a book?
- What’s the last book that made you cry & why?
- Name your latest favorite character.
- Tell me three of your favorite bookish things.
- What book always makes you happy?
- Swetlana @ thecaffeinatedbookwormlife
- Dani @ perspectiveofawriter
- Evelina @ avelinahbooks
- Camilla @ readerintheattic
- Lia @ lostinastory
- Jackie @ toomuchofabooknerd
Who are your Top 5 Characters? What was your latest 5 Star Read? 📖