Hello fellow bookworms 📚 March was pretty much not that eventful, but at least I had an entire month without any classes to relax a bit after being sick for a while. I’m still not 100% okay, but at least things started to look a bit better this month. Not sure how long this will last, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed. Anyways, I got a lot of reading done and even watched a bit of Netflix! Next month is going to be all about Camp NaNo and my summer semester starting again, so things are going to pick up and get a lot more busy!
- Shadow and Bone (Leigh Bardugo) 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 📖 Review
- An Enchantment of Ravens (Margaret Rogerson) 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 📖 Review
- Under Rose-Tainted Skies (Louise Gornall) 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 📖 Reread
- Cinder (Marissa Meyer) 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 📖 Reread
- Scarlet (Marissa Meyer) 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 📖 Review
- Nothing But Sky (Amy Trueblood) 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 (4.5) 📖 Review
- A Darker Shade of Magic (V.E. Schwab) 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 (4.5) 📖 Review
- The Impostor Queen (Sarah Fine) 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 📖 Review
- The Fifth Wave (Rick Yancey) 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 📖 Review
- The Infinite Sea (Rick Yancey) 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 📖 Review
- If I Tell You (Alicia Tuckerman) 🌟 🌟 🌟 📖 RTC!
- The Last Star (Rick Yancey) 🌟 🌟 📖 Review
Average rating 🌟 4.2 Stars
My reading month was pretty good, I got 12 books read and liked a lot of them too! I had the entire month to myself without any classes, so there was lots of time to read and since I joined quite a few Readathons which further boosted my reading! I got through quite a few books during those Readathons and it pushed me to read books that I wasn’t that into (like The Last Star … worst finale ever) and finish a Series! I also did two rereads and aim to finally continue with the Lunar Chronicles, that I haven’t picked up again since last September! Not to mention, that I managed to check off two Arcs off my Netgalley list, which made me feel very accomplished!
Overall I found 2 new favorite books, that will go to my best-of-2018 shelf! The first is Shadow and Bone, the first book in the Grisha Trilogy that I finally pushed myself to read and I’m so glad I did, as I ended up loving it & getting obsessed! I have so much love for my first Leigh Bardugo book that I read and I would also like to announce that I LOVE THE DARKLING, I have been obsessing over him since I read the book ♥ I kind of want to savour the Trilogy, so I haven’t read book 2 and 3, but it will definitely happen this year – which also means that reading Six of Crows will finally happen! The second book I got obsessed with is An Enchantment of Ravens, which was free on Rivetedlit to read. I’m very glad I took this offer, because the book was FANTASTIC and just as good as I hoped it would be! I heard a few mixed reviews lately, but the book totally worked for me – I loved the world, the characters and the romance SO SO much ♥ If you love fairies, this is THE book for you!
For this section of my wrapup I’m linking up with the Favorite Blog Posts of the Month Meme that has been created by Kristin @ kristinkravesbooks to showcase our favorite blogs of the month!
- The Feminist Book Tag (Aurora @ auroralibrialis)
- How to spot a problematic book and what to do with it (Balie @ novelersblog)
- Top 5 YA contemporary (Dani @ perspectiveofawriter)
- Authors Anthologies made me want to read (Danielle @ lifeofaliterarynerd)
- Booktube SFF Awards TBR (Elise @ thebookishactress)
- Badass book smugglers| What are linkups all about (Evelina @ avalinahsbooks)
- Should the YA genre include books set in college (Grace @ graciefm)
- Review: To kill a kingdom by Alexandra Christo (Jackie @ toomuchofabooknerd)
- How to get rid of blogging stress (Julianna @ paperblots)
- Your WIP in GIF’s Tag (Kat @ lifeandotherdisasters)
- TBR vs. TBR Jar vs. Mood Reading (Kathy @ booksandmunches)
- How well does Goodreads know me? (Kristin @ kristinkravesbooks)
- If you like this, then read this (Lia @ lostinastory)
- Is book blogging still relevant?| Ranting about book series | Travel diaries: Paris & first book fair (Marie @ drizzleandhurricanebooks)
- March Book Swap (Marija @ insidemylibrarymind)
- Why blogging might be bad for your reading| Announcing the cursed book club| Why we need more unlikable heroines (Marta @ thecursedbooks)
- Privilege in the YA community (May @ foreverandeverly)
- Books I haven’t read yet | Fictiona names I cannot pronounce (Mikaela @ thewellthumbedreader)
- Favourite books reimagined 2 (Norees @ NoReadstooGreat)
- Reason I rate dnfed books (Ronda @ flyingpaperbacks)
- 14 easy ways support authors| How to do Buddy Reads| Spreads to track your reading| Aspects keeping you from reading more | Finding the perfect post length (Swetlana @ thecaffeinatedbook wormlife)
- Finally finishing those annoying papers! WOOOH I finally finished the two papers that have been sucking the life out of me and I’m relieved that this hellish semester is now finally truly over. Now I can only wait for my results, but one deadline isn’t due to the first week of April, so that paper is probably not going to ge corrected for a while. At this point I’m just glad that I’ve finished these projects, no matter what feedback I’m going to get at one point.
- Shadowhunters came back with its third season 😍 Granted I’m still behind on the episodes, but that’s because I’m rewatching Seasons 1 +2 in preparation, which got delayed a bit. However, afterwards I’m ready to jump into Season 3, because I’m so excited that we get to see more after such a long wait! If you love the show, tell me down below, so we can fangirl together ♥ If you’re hesitant to watch this show PLEASE WATCH IT we need a fourth season and the show is really good if you don’t mind it being different from the books!
- 24 Hrs Readathon by Zoe & 24 in 48 Readathon with Swetlana ♥ There were some great Readathons that I joined this month, which is perfect as I still don’t have classes! First up was the #ReadathonByZoe the very first weekend of March, which I had been anticipating for the last months! I had a lot of fun during those 24 Hours, I got a lot of books read and had a group chat with Swetlana and Jackie, where we cheered each other on and shared our progress! It was amazing to check the hashtag and see how everyone else was doing, it created such a sense of community. I’m so sad that the Readathon was over so soon 😦 Then I also did the 24 in 48 Readathon (challenge: you try to read 24 Hours in 2 days) when Swetlana kindly asked me if I was interested in joining here which I was, as I adore Readathons 😍 Again, I managed to read a lot of books I had been wanting to and chatted with her about our progress – it was super fun and chill, so I had a great time!
Books I read during the 24 in 48 Readathon!
- I also spontanously participated in the Easter Readathon! This was a Readathon created by Kate @ readingthroughinfinity that took place from March 30th to April 2nd aka the Easter Weekend! I love the idea of spending Easter reading, so I was very glad that Swetlana asked me if we wanted to participate 😍 I had a wonderful time reading during the weekend, even though I was also feeling a little bit tired and sick on Sunday.
Books I read during the Easter Readathon!
- I got addicted to Dark! Yes hello please watch this show it’s so good!!! It’s perfect for fans of Stranger Things, but also a bit different, I would say darker and with a more complex mystery. (I actually like it a lot better than Stranger Things #sorrynotsorry) I began watching this casually, as it’s not a show I’d usually check out (but I gotta support a German Netflix Show), but then I got addicted and HAD to watch all episodes asap. You see a lot of different times represented, the characters are intriguing (and due to flashbacks you see them at different points in their life) and the cinematography is AMAZING! Not to mention the mind-blowing mystery that I have SO MANY theories about & now I have to wait until December 2018 or even 2019 to find out 😦 I’ll likely have a post about this show up in May, where I scream even more about why I love it, so be prepared 😀
- Marta announced the Cursed Book Club! AH THIS IS MY FIRST EVER BOOK CLUB and I’m so excited to join it! I’ve never participated in a book club be it online or in real life, therefore, I couldn’t resist when Marta asked if anyone was interested in joining her book club. It’s a dream come true and I’m pretty happy to be talking about books with the fellow participants (can you believe that there are over 50 of us from all over the world?) at the end of each month! Our first book of the month is going to be Stalking Jack the Ripper, which I have been wanting to get to since forever, so I’m very happy with the choice!
Cover Reveal Montage
- Song of Blood and Bone (L. Penelope)
- Red Queen (Victoria Aveyard)
- Glass Sword (Victoria Aveyard)
- King’s Cage (Victoria Aveyard)
The Cursed Book Club: Book of the Month
Books I want to read if I have time
Do you know what April is going to be? Really busy. Not sure how I feel about that yet, but it’s unavoidable that university starts for me again. Actually, I’m very nervous about that, since last semester was such a disaster, but I really hope for the best and that things are not going to be as stressful. I’m also participating in Camp NaNo, but I set myself a really low goal to not put too much pressure on myself, especially since I have classes to take care of. However, I’ve been desperately wanting to write again, so there’s that.
IT’S ALSO MY BIRTHDAY, which is exciting, because this means NEW BOOKS!!! I haven’t bought a lot of books the past two months, but now I get some I have desperately been wanting to get (including Children of Blood and Bone ♥)! I’m also going to treat myself to the first The Cursed Book Club pick – Stalking Jack the Ripper – because I have been wanting to read it for a very long time and the paperback came out recently!
Apart from that it’s going to be Reread April, as I want to reread both the Red Queen Series and the Hidden Oracle books in preparation of War Storm (finale!! so obviously I have to reread the previous books, as the series is coming to a close [insert lots of screaming]) as well as The Burning Maze coming out in May – two highly anticipated releases that I want to get my hands on! Then I’m also planning to read Song of Blood and Bone, because I was kindly invited to the blog tour and given an Arc via Netgalley – I’m very happy and excited to read it and review it at the end of April!
What was your favorite book this month? How are you all doing? What is your favorite self-care ritual? 📚