Hello fellow bookworms 📚 It’s already August again, which means that summer is nearly over and I’m yearning for some fall vibes! I had a busy time in July and therefore was on Hiatus, which turned out to be a good decision as I barely had the time and energy to keep up with my blog. I had so many great ideas for posts but didn’t manage to write them – like my summer recommendation list and a post about changing reading habits. However, I’ll definitely use those ideas for my August Blogging Schedule ❤ My second and last (for now) exam is next Tuesday (please wish me luck, it’s the most difficult one) and after that I finally have some free time, which means that my hiatus will be over 🎉
- Anti-Asian Violence Resources Carrd
- BLM 2020 Resources Spreadsheet
- Help India during its COVID crisis
- HelpPalestine Carrd, Learn about Palestinian history Help Palestine with a Click & Resources Masterlist
- Support the LGBTQ Community in Hungary
🔄 = Reread 💌 = Library Books 🌈 = #QueerBookFun2021
😊 = Readalong/Buddy Read 📚 = #TackleYourTBR2021 ⌛ = Digital Arc
I read 12 books in July and had a surprisingly good reading month! Inbetween all the studying I didn’t think I would be up for much reading but once again audiobooks saved the day! I listened to 7 of them this month and they really helped me when I was so tired in the evenings and not up for reading a physical/e-book 😊 I also reread 6 books (which is the most books I reread within a month this year) and read two graphic novels, which also boosted my reading. I also liked everything I read with only one exception (This One Summer was NOT what I expected) and I even had TWO 5-star reads within a month, I’m planning on writing their reviews soon 🥰
I read 2 books out of my comfort zone this month, which is a lot less than in the previous months, but I did do lots of rereads in July. The good news is that I LOVED the two books I did read and BOTH of them were 5-star reads (and also 5-star predictions that came true, which is always nice) ❤ Obviously, I adored Fugitive Telemetry (Adult Sci-Fi Novella), the sixth Murderbot Diaries book that I finally managed to read after it came out earlier this year 🥰 I also read You Will Get Through this Night (Self-Help/Mental Health Guide) by one of my favorite Youtubers – Dan – whose videos I loved in high school!
Fugitive Telemetry (Martha Wells) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 🎧
You Will Get Through This Night (Daniel Howell) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 🌈🎧
1. Fugitive Telemetry (Martha Wells) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 💌🎧 ➽ RTC!
2. You Will Get Through This Night (Daniel Howell) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 📚🌈🎧 ➽ RTC!
3. Last Sacrifice (Richelle Mead) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 🔄😊
4. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Ransom Riggs) ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5 🔄🎧
5. Hollow City (Ransom Riggs) ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5 🔄🎧
6. Library of Souls (Ransom Riggs) ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5 🔄🎧
7. A Map of Days (Ransom Riggs) ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5 🔄🎧
8. The Conference of the Birds (Ransom Riggs) ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5 🔄
9. The Desolations of Devil’s Acre (Ransom Riggs) ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5 📚 ➽ RTC!
10. Flamer (Mike Curato) ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5 💌🌈 ➽ RTC!
11. You Have a Match (Emma Lord) ⭐⭐⭐ 💌🎧 ➽ RTC!
12. This One Summer (Jillian & Mariko Tamaki) ⭐⭐ 💌 ➽ RTC!
For this section of my wrapup I’m linking up with the Favorite Blog Posts of the Month Meme that has been created by Kristin @ kristinkravesbooks to showcase our favorite blogs of the month! 💗
- Summerween TBR Time! (Destiny @ howlinglibraries)
- The mid-year freakout tag (Emme @ aliterarylatte)
- 10+ Affiliate Programs for Book Bloggers to Join (Kal @ readervoracious)
- What I’ve Been (Binge-)Watching #62 (Kat @ lifeandotherdisasters)
- Olympic games readathon TBR! & Mid year freak out book tag 2021! & Five fictional friend groups i want to be a part of (Lais @ thebookishskies)
- Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag because it’s somehow already July (Margaret @ weirdzeal)
- 10 YA Books With an Enemies to Lovers Romance You’ll Love & Best Books of 2021 So Far (You Need These Books in Your Life!) (Marie @ drizzleandhurricanebooks)
- My Book Review Writing Process + A Few Tips! & Mid-Year Check-In: How am I Doing on My Goals for 2021? (May @ foreverandeverly)
- Most Anticipated Books August-December (Mel @ lookwhatumademeread)
- The Aesthete Blogger Award & Mid Year Book Freakout Tag (Morgan @ morganisreadingagain)
- MID YEAR BOOK FREAK OUT TAG // 2021 edition ft. fantastic books, reviews galore & books I need to read asap (Ruby @ rubyreareads)
- 21 of My Most Awaited New Releases From the Second Half of 2021 & 16 DNFs I Wish I’d Loved & My Favourite Books With Pink Covers & Four Fantastic Podcasts I’ve Recently Listened To (Sabrina & Veronika @ wordandwhimsical)
- Top 5 | Books with Shocking & Impressive Writing Styles 🌪 & Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag | 2021 ⛅️ (Sofii @ abookathought)
- All my reads from the first half of 2021 | disappointments and actually enjoying a literacy fiction book (Sophie @ meandik)
All I did was Studying and Stressing Out 😅 July blended together a bit as I mainly focused on studying for my exams and completing assignments that were due in July. I had one exam at the end of July and I still have one to go on Tuesday, but afterward I have a break! I decided to write my last exam in October because I wouldn’t have been able to study for it alongside the other two, as it was SO much material. There was also no summer weather apart from a couple warm days (which I spent studying sitting outside a café with a friend ☕), but I hope August gives us some sunshine at least! Apart from that not much happened, I stressed, I studied and now I’m ready for a break 😂
➽ Shows I Watched in July ❤ My friend and I watched the first season of Young Royals (a new Swedish Netflix show), finished Sweet Tooth (such a fantastic show!!) and started the second season of Never Have I Ever (which is just as entertaining and filled with drama as the first one) 🥰
➽ Listening to audiobooks while using my coloring books. This is honestly still the best combo and helped me unwind after a long day of studying! I also figured out that I love rereading books on audio, as I already know the content (so I can speed up to 2x) and I don’t feel bad about not reading any new books on my TBR 😄
➽ I completed my first exam and got the second shot of the vaccine at the same day! It was have both of them completed within the same day and it’s such a relief 🎉
The coloring book I’m using ~ it’s themed around summer ☀
August means I finally get my break!! ☀ There are still some Uni assignments that I need to complete (plus that exam in October) but for the most part I get my semester break! Starting on the 7th of August l actually be going on a week-long vacation with my family, which I’m very much looking forward to 🥰 I need a change of scenery and we’re staying in a small town with a huge lake, so I’m hoping the weather is good enough for some swimming 🏖 (I won’t be posting anything that week and will completely take the time off social media and blogging) I cannot wait to finally read some more summery books and books that I have been eager to read for a long time! I might even do a little 24 Hour Readathon for myself, as I haven’t done one in ages and it’s always so much fun 😊 I’ll also be joining the #ReadFatPositive Readathon (happening August 16th-22nd) so keep a look out for my TBR post next week ❤
- The Golden Lily (Richelle Mead) 📚 St. Vladimir’s Readalong (I also need to read Bloodlines which I didn’t manage to finish in July 😅)
- Of Princes and Promises (Sandhya Menon) ⌛
- Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour (Morgan Matson) 📚
What were you up to in July? What was your favorite book? Any books you plan on reading this summer? I hope you’re staying safe! ❤