Hello fellow bookworms 🎄 *christmas music starts playing in the background* November is over so you know what that means: it’s officially my favorite time of the year: winter & christmas! I have suffered through hot summer, found relief in beautiful autumn and now we are finally entering the festive season again 💕 I am a huge Christmas person, so please bear with me 🙂 But I am also a bit sad to be leaving autumn & NaNoWriMo behind, because I had a fantastic time writing this past month and have gotten through 2 Acts (75% of my book), more on that on Sunday, when I will be posting my NaNo wrapup!
ALSO IT SNOWED YESTERDAY, SO CHRISTMAS IS OFFICIALLY HERE ❄️❄️❄️
- Queens of Geek (Jen Wilde) 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 📖 Review
- Fangirl (Rainbow Rowell) 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 📖 Review (Reread)
- It Only Happens in the Movies (Holly Bourne) 🌟 📖 RTC
- Silber 2 [Dream On] 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟
- Juliet takes a breath (Gabby Rivera) 🌟 🌟 🌟 📖 Review
- Demon Road (Derek Landy) 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 📖 Review
- The Book Thief (Markus Zusak) 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 📖 Review
- Passenger (Alexandra Bracken) 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 📖 Review
This month has overall been a better reading month than October, because despite everything I felt less stressed. My TBR was shorter (even though it gained a bit more books because of Tome Topple) and I did not feel like I was rushing to finish the books. Towards the end it took me a bit longer to finish my last book – Passenger – but mostly because I wanted to savour it, as I found a new favorite in it. Overall I enjoyed almost all books I read and even found 4 new favorite books that made it to my best-of-2017 shelf on Goodreads, which is really impressive! However, I guess to balance it out I also suffered a major disappointment with one of my most anticipated books by my favorite contemporary author. It’s by far the worst book I have read and I was super startled that this book was so unlike the 5 books I have enjoyed by this author. It got so bad that I had to DNF the book, as reading it was making me so unhappy and stressed out, that’s also why I have not been in the right head space to write the Review … but soon. Apart from that I would call November not only a success for writing, but a success for reading as well!
A new meme called the Favorite Blog Posts of the Month has been created by Kristin @ kristinkravesbooks, which I thought was super cool, as I love to include my fave posts in my wrapups. Now there is a linkup & I can check out all the other posts and discover so many great new blogs! I am really excited!
- The Holiday AdventureAthon (Jasmine @NovelThoughts)
- Stranger Things Book Tag (Danielle @ lifeofliterarynerd)
- NaNoWriMo Survival Guide (Jackie @ toomuchofabooknerd)
- What makes me DNF a book | Juggling blogging & reading (Heather @ thesassybookgeek)
- Blogging Struggles: Numbers and the Power they have | Recent Favorites | What to get your bookish friends for Christmas | 12 Days of Blogmas Announcement (Swetlana @thecaffeinatedbookwormlife)
- NaNoWriMo Updates | Guide to making aesthetics (Lia @lostinastory)
- Do we put too much pressure on ourselves? (Ellyn @allonsythornraxxbooks)
- Blogging Burnout and how (not) to deal with it (insidemylibrarymind)
- Are Tropes always bad? | How my writing habits have changed in 2017 (Cait @paperfury)
- #31 Week’s appreciation (Dani @perspectiveofawriter)
- 8 by 2018 | End of the Year Goals (Sam @thoughtsontomes)
- Autumn Reading Wrapup & TBR (Zoe @readbyzoe)
- Reader Problems Book Tag (Hannah @Aclockworkreader)
- The Tome Topple Readathon. Round 5. This time the Readathon all about reading long books took place from November 17th to November 30th! I posted my TBR and I don’t think I will be doing a separate Wrapup this time, so I’ll tell you what I managed to read here! I am quite pleased that I kind of read 3 books (I did start Demon Road a bit earlier) despite NaNo and university going on!
1. The Book Thief (Markus Zusak) 📚 554 pages
2. Demon Road (Derek Landy) 📚 507 pages
3. Passenger (Alexandra Bracken) 📚 512 pages
- University was stressful again. I have talked about this approximately 500 times already, but this semester is the worst and just when I think things have settled down something catastrophic happens again. It’s truly no fun, but I have made peace with this semester – kind of – and am currently working on my two term papers that I have to hand in.
- NaNoWriMo – more on that later. I am planning to have my NaNoWriMo Wrapup up this Sunday, so I will tell you all about my progress and more about my WIP! For now let’s just say that it all went well for me and that I am quite proud of my writing, which is a very nice feeling. Hooray to everyone else who made it and to those who didn’t quite reach 50K: you are still all winners because you worked on your project in some way!
- The Goodreads Choice Awards. It’s kind of a popularity contest and most of the time a trash fire (I am talking about problematic books getting nominated and one still in the finale round), but I cannot help but vote every single time. We’ll see what books win by December … something – I forgot the exact date but soon 😀
There were two amazing Cover Reveals! The first was for War Storm, the finale to the Red Queen Series and the cover looks absolutely stunning 😮 I knew it would be very dark, as the color schemes have turned darker with each book – I honestly cannot wait to get my hand on the book, which comes out May 15th 2018! Then the cover for Leah on the Offbeat was revealed, which I also really like. I have to say that out of all the Becky Albertalli covers it might be my favorite, because of how amazingly the colors work together! The book comes out April 24th 2018!
- Chainbreaker (Tara Sim) 📅 Digital Arc
- Between the heart and the blade (Amanda Hocking) 📅 Digital Arc
- The Midnight Star (Marie Lu)
- Desolation (Derek Landy)
- Let it Snow (Anthology)
- Silber 03 [Just Dreaming] (Kerstin Gier)🎄 Holiday AdventureAton
- A Court of Thorns and Roses (Sarah J. Maas)🎄 Holiday AdventureAton
- My True Love Gave to Me (Anthology) 🎄 Holiday AdventureAton
- A Christmas Carol (Charles Dickens) 🎄 Holiday AdventureAton
My TBR for this month is a bit bigger, because there are so many books that I still want to get to until the year is done, so now is the time to put down everything I still want to read aaaaah. I am firmly wanting to finish both the Young Elites and the Silver Trilogy! Then there are two Arcs that I want to get to and then there is the Holiday AdventureAthon from December 13th to December 24th. I am very excited for the Readathon, because I have been wishing for a winter/holiday themed Readathon that takes place around Christmas since last year. There was Harry X-Mas to you, but it’s a Hary Potter Readalong and the other winter readathons all took place either in November or January. Now my wishes have finally been heard! I am planning to read 4 books (+ one bonus festive read) for the Readathon and my TBR Post will be up next Friday!
IT’S TIME TO GET FESTIVE 🎄 🎄 🎄
What was your favorite book in November? Are you excited for Christmas? 🎄